Hi. My name is Geoff Groberg. I like movies, music, computers, and lots of random things.
When it comes to music, I like all kinds, but have a special place in my heart for traditional folk music. Occasionally I perform, make recordings, and sometimes make/restore musical instruments.
I also like movies. I studied film in college with a documentary emphasis.
I’m married with 3 sweet little girls. The youngest is pictured here along with some partially eaten corn on the cob, the perfect symbol of delicious acoustic music.
My wife Jennifer also has a blog. I like to sabotage it. Still, you can find out more about our family there including:
- photos of us planting trees
- our mystical dog
- silly kids, silly dancing
- lame twilight stuff
- our old pioneer home (built in 1891) which we sold. Why?
More Random Things:
- Lincoln Highway (a bluegrassy band I play in; bluegrass, celtic, and other traditional music styles)
- Fire on the Mountain (another bluegrass band I play in; fun, upbeat mountain music)
- Julussa (a trio that I play in; a mix of Scandinavian new-folk music with an emphasis on the mesmerizing sounds of the Norwegian Hardanger Fiddle)
- GeslisonGroberg.com (recordings of traditional Hymns, done in a folk/acoustic style; a collaborative project with Mark Geslison)
- Stock-Music.com (a production music library; background music for videos, presentations, etc.)
- GrobergParadise (Jennifer’s blog about our family)
- The Lee library at BYU, where I work